Answer BOTH questions in this part. Please make sure you label the question numbers clearly in your answer.
1. Identify examples of each of the three pillars of sustainability as they relate to the Sustainable Tourism article and explain how they are interrelated. (500 words)
2. Use the Whelan and Fink (2016) article from Topic 3 to explain why the business case for thermal coal is no longer attractive. (500 words)
Answer TWO questions in this part out of four. Please make sure you label the question numbers clearly in your answer.
3. Identify three key stakeholders from the Sustainable Tourism article and outline at least two sustainability implications of tourism to each of those stakeholders. Use theory from the subject in discussing the implications. (250 Words)
4. Which Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) can you relate to the Sustainable Tourism case, and why? (250 Words)
Tip: You can use bullet points to answer this question.
5. Thermal coal has implications for current as well as future generations.
Define and distinguish between the concepts of ‘Inter-generational equity’ and ‘Intra-generational equity’ and explain why they are relevant to the issue of thermal coal. (250 words)
6. Define the concept of ‘Sustainable Innovation’ and explain what role it can play as the thermal coal industry declines. (250 Words)